Friday, August 18, 2006

my ten cents

I signed up with eBay yesterday. I had high hopes for one of those fancy 3-in-1 printer, scanner, copier machines. It took me about 5 minutes to set up my account and after that I was on my way to a shiny new at-the-touch-of-a-button printer/scanner/copier.

At the buy menu, I selected the 'multifunction printer' category along with the sort by 'lowest price first' option and placed the only bid of 10 cents (yes, you heard right) for a dreamy New Lexmark X1270 All in One Printer/Copier/Scanner Lk6. With only one day of bidding left I was confident I would be collecting my prize in no time and so got ready a pile of possible itmes I would print, scan, copy etc.

However, today as I logged on to my eBay account to check up on my winning status, I was shocked to see a big red cross followed by the words "You have been outbid by another bidder (if you'd like, bid again)". And what's worse, I wasn't outbid by 11 cents or even 20 cents but by 31 whole Australian dollars! That's 300 times the amount I bid for it.

I can't compete with that uptown, upscale, aggressive type competition.

[Update: It sold for $46.00 after 15 different bids.]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kroovy said while widly gesticulating...

ROFL

2:52 PM

Post a Comment

<< Home